New pbar Experiments for Fermilab
We are working on proposals for new experiments at the Fermilab Antiproton Source —
the world's most intense source of antimatter!
Some useful documents:
- "Heavy-Quark Physics at the Antiproton Intensity Frontier",
white paper written for the Intensity Frontier Workshop, Rockville, MD, Nov. 30 - Dec. 2, 2011.
- "Revised Proposal: Intensity-Frontier Antiproton Physics with The AntiProton
Annihilation Spectrometer (TAPAS) at Fermilab", by G. Apollinari et al.
- LEAP2011 paper, "Prospects for Antiproton Experiments at Fermilab".
- A recent seminar on this effort.
- TAPAS (P-986)
proposal to Fermilab and talk at Nov. 2010 Fermilab PAC meeting.
- Talk and paper given at CPT '10 Workshop
- A recent concise paper on this effort.
- Medium-Energy Antiproton Physics Letter of
Intent and Addendum 1,
Addendum 2, and P-986 Fermilab Physics Advisory Committee (3/5/09)
talk by Dan Kaplan
- Antimatter Gravity Experiment
(AGE) Letter of Intent and
P-981 Fermilab Physics Advisory Committee (3/5/09) talks by
Tom Phillips and Mark
- "Direct Observation Limits on Antimatter Gravitation," by M.
J. Lykken, and T. Roberts, FERMILAB-FN-0822-CD-T (2008)
- Website on antimatter gravitation maintained by Tom Phillips
- A talk to the Fermilab Physics Advisory Committee by Tom
Phillips (3/28/08) on "Antimatter Gravity Experiment at
- A talk to the Fermilab Physics Advisory Committee by Gerry
Jackson (3/28/08) on "Antimatter Gravity Experiment at
- A talk to the Fermilab Steering Group by Dan Kaplan (6/1/07) on "Low- and Medium-Energy
Antiproton Experiments at
- A talk by Dave Christian (5/10/07) on "The Antiproton
Source and Possible
- A talk by Dan Kaplan (5/10/07) on "A New Experiment to Study
Hyperon CP Violation and
the Charmonium System"
- Engineering drawing of E760 calorimeter: tot_cal_lay.pdf
- Two engineering drawings of the experimental area in AP-50: SC-1, SC-3.
Back to IIT Center for Accelerator and Particle
Physics home page
to IIT Physics home page
(Page maintained by Dan Kaplan, kaplan-at-iit.edu)